As an alternative to natural stone and concrete, porcelain pavers are a big trend in outdoor design. Though porcelain tile options have long been available for outdoor use, these thick, high-tech pavers are made from the highest grade porcelain and are specifically designed for easy installation over a variety of foundations, including grass, sand, gravel, and standard mortar installations. Their precision sizing and uniformity make for easier and faster installation, plus they may be lighter in weight compared to natural stone.
GIO_Thick 1.0 Installed over grass and gravel.
In addition to the easy and flexible installation, porcelain pavers are incredibly durable and easy to maintain.
- The color will not fade in harsh sunlight or the most abusive weather.
- The very dense surface allows for minimal moisture absorption, making them 100% frost resistant (they won’t freeze and crack in very cold weather).
- They are impermeable, which means that de-icing salts can be used without damaging them.
- They do not require sealing and are naturally resistant to stains and the growth of mold and moss.
- Porcelain pavers are extremely easy to clean with a hose and standard household cleaners and, if necessary, low pressure washing systems.
- Unlike concrete and stone, porcelain pavers have no efflorescence (a crystalline deposit of salts often seen on the surface that occurs when water leaves behind salt deposits).
Porcelain Pavers are also slip-resistant. Slip resistance is an important safety feature in outdoor environments, and even more so when it comes to areas prone to slipperiness, such as walkways near irrigation systems and swimming pool patios. Many natural stones won’t be slip-resistant unless a special finish is applied as a separate step after installation.
GIO is proud to offer a beautiful line of the highest quality porcelain pavers that are designed to withstand the most challenging of commercial environments. GIO_Thick 1.0 is a collection of 12mm thick pavers available in an extensive range of looks suit any design scheme. While we introduced this series a few years ago, we have recently added even more on-trend looks to the lineup. Here’s a look!
Natural Stone Looks
Natural stone looks include Limestone, Marble, Slate, and Flagstone in 24″ x 24″ rectified field tile and Sandstone in 18″ x 36″ rectified.
Our concrete paver lookalikes are available in four hues, 24″ x24″ rectified.
The quartz looks are available in four hues, two in 18″ x 36″ and two in 24″ x 24″. All are rectified.
And last, but not least, the wood looks are available in a range of seven colors and sizes include 24″ x 24″, a6″ x32″ and 12″ x 48″, all rectified.
GIO_Thick 1.0 Special Accessories
Special accessories for our porcelain pavers include coping/stair treads, coping/stair tread corners, grip stair treads, pool grids, pool grid corners. Pedestal supports for raised laying are available in multiple heights (raised laying facilitates ease of care and maintenance for wiring and piping systems).
Questions About Porcelain Pavers?
Reach out to us anytime — we’re here for you!